Rules for PDI competitions
image entered as a PDI can be used only once in the regular club
- A maximum of two PDIs may be entered, per member,
into each PDI competition.
- Each PDI in the Advanced & Intermediate categories will be marked out of 10.
- PDI entries may be either Monochrome or Colour
unless otherwise specified.
- PDIs may be any shape but should be no larger than 1400
x 1050 pixels.
- Each PDI will be eligible for a club competition
only if the image has been uploaded and the title has been registered online by
midnight on the Sunday prior to the competition.
- The details for the sizing and titling of the image
and the upload procedure can be found in the “PDI and Print Upload Procedures” document.
- All internal competitions are open to all members,
in one of the following
categories: Advanced, Intermediate or Unscored.
- A competition entry must be based upon an exposure
or exposures taken only by the entrant.
- Modification of the image within a computer must be
the work of the entrant.
- Entries must be made available for interclub
competitions, if requested.
should not to submit work if, for any reason, they do not wish it to appear in
the public arena or on the Internet.
- Members whose entries are chosen to represent
the club externally may be asked to re-submit their image with modifications or
in a different format.
images, which are processed from the same original exposure or exposures, are
considered to be the same image.
- Two images based on the same exposure(s), but
digitally manipulated to differ, cannot be entered as different entries.
- A competition entry image, including all the
sub-exposures used in a composite image, may be used once in the regular season
- Conformity with the theme for all of the
competitions will be taken into account in the judging.