Print Production, Presentation and Marking
Whilst advice and discussion within the team is positively encouraged, each team member’s photograph and any subsequent editing, using photographic editing and manipulating software, must be solely the work of the author.
use of Summer Challenge Photographs
- The prints, one from each member of the team, are scored individually. The team member’s individual scores are aggregated to provide the team’s overall score.
- Each group of three prints should have the group’s theme printed on a card measuring no more than 7cm x 21cm. This card will be placed in front of the team’s three prints to aid the judge.
- Individual print titles and authors’ names should be on the back of the prints, in the normal way, as stated in the WEBCC Competition Rules for prints. The Print Labels should indicate the position of the print in the group i.e. Left, Centre or Right.
- The prints can be any size and must be mounted on suitable card no larger than 40cm x 50cm. They can be printed by any person or a commercial printing company. i.e. another member of the Summer Challenge team or by any other method.
- Each print will be marked out of 10.
- If for any reason a member of a team has to drop out, the team may recruit a replacement member of the team.
- If a replacement team member is not available, the surviving team members can continue to produce and show their prints for a constructive appreciation by the judge and be given a score, but of course, they cannot be the winning team.
Challenge is a team activity and does not form part of
regular competitions. For this reason it
is acceptable for a member to use their Summer Challenge entry once in any
of the club’s other regular competitions or the Annual Competition, subject to
all the usual regular competition rules.