PDI Competition Rules
Rules for PDI competitions
- An image entered as a PDI can be used only once in the regular club competitions.
- A maximum of two PDIs may be entered, per member, into each PDI competition.
- Each PDI in the Advanced & Intermediate categories will be marked out of 10.
- PDI entries may be either Monochrome or Colour unless otherwise specified.
- PDIs may be any shape but should be no larger than 1600 x 1200 pixels.
- Each PDI will be eligible for a club competition only if the image has been uploaded and the title has been registered online by midnight on the Sunday prior to the competition.
- The details for the sizing and titling of the image and the upload procedure can be found in the “PDI and Print Upload Procedures” document.
- All internal competitions are open to all members, in one of the following categories: Advanced, Intermediate or Unscored.
- A competition entry must be based upon an exposure or exposures taken only by the entrant.
- Modification of the image within a computer must be the work of the entrant.
- Entries must be made available for interclub competitions, if requested.
- Entrants should not to submit work if, for any reason, they do not wish it to appear in the public arena or on the Internet.
- Members whose entries are chosen to represent the club externally may be asked to re-submit their image with modifications or in a different format.
- All images, which are processed from the same original exposure or exposures, are considered to be the same image.
- Two images based on the same exposure(s), but digitally manipulated to differ, cannot be entered as different entries.
- A competition entry image, including all the sub-exposures used in a composite image, may be used once in the regular season club competitions.
- Conformity with the theme for all of the competitions will be taken into account in the judging.